Supply Chain Scheduling
Refinery Planning, Scheduling & Blending Optimization
Benefit Areas (example)
Improve Dock / Jetty efficiency (reduce demurrage)
Dock Scheduler (optional plugin)
- Designed specifically for HPI Maritime Facilities
- Inbound and Outbound Traffic Management
- Management of Tanks & Berth Management
- Easily Edit Schedule with Drag & Drop Gantt Chart
Improve Pipeline efficiency (tracking parcels & compositions)
Enhance Crude Blending & Scheduling (maximize CDU capacity per coker, hydrocracker, H2S constraints)
Increase Plant Throughput (utilize actual daily unit capacities)
Enhance Unit Conversion (better knowledge and scheduling of feedstream compositions)
Improve Inventory Management (business rules such as auto tank sequences)
Enhancements in Refinery Safety (minimize tank overflows)
Enhance Refinery Agility (performing What-If case studies)
Batch Blend Optimization (Reduce Product Quality Giveaway)
Multi-Period, Nonlinear Blending Optimizer (optional plugin)
- Minimize Optimization Objective Across the Plan Time Horizon
- Recipe cost for a given spec with constrained stocks availability
- Corrective recipe cost for fixing out-of-spec batches
- The deviation with a target recipe
Reducing Overall Logistics Costs
2 to 3 month payback for typical US Gulf Coast Refinery with full scope application
Industry Supply Chain Applications
- Petroleum Refineries
- Petrochemical Complexes
- Natural Gas Liquefaction with Annual Delivery Plan
- LNG Regasification Terminals with complex contracts
- Fuels Terminal Networks
Interfaces with any plant LP Planning System using exactly the same model & submodels.
Node based modelling of the supply chain network.
Advanced Dynamic Graphical Environment
Robust Integration with the Plant Information Management Systems (PIMS) & Enterprise Systems such as an ERP
Hybrid Discrete Event and Continuous Nonlinear Simulation
- Simulator uses continuous differential equation integration
- Uses event-based simulation
- Not limited by using predefined time periods
- Allows the simulation of continuous changes along the timeline
- Allows the detection of state based events, such as:
As components are blended into a tank, the quality properties are changing continuously. At some unknown time, a quality value reaches a target or spec boundary. The simulation "creates" an event at that exact moment.
Web-based J2EE Plugin Architecture accelerates the design, development & deployment of enterprise solutions.
VM-SCS provides future visibility through detailed simulation models of both logistic and unit operations, keeping constantly updated projections of inventories and material properties. These projections are automatically updated in the event of any modification of the operations plan or plant data, allowing the constant verification of the feasibility of the operations and assessing the schedule quality via performance indicators. The simulation engine is equipped with an automatic state event detection mechanism on control variables established by the user, which enables alerting on critical situations such as out-of-range levels and properties, and material degradation by blending.
VM-SCS enables plant personnel to schedule and simulate operations on an integrated supply chain topological model. From the areas of feedstock reception, tank yards, docks, through unit operation plants, to product shipment. The model includes all relevant equipment and their connectivity. In this way, the simulation of the scheduled operations automatically propagates the effects of these operations along the supply chain, allowing the easy identification of possible imbalances between interdependent operations.